Victron Smart BatteryProtect 12v/24v-100a
Shipped in 1-3 days
The Smart BatteryProtect 12v/24v-100a from victron Energy (mpn bpr110022000) offers solid battery protection for 12v and 24v batteries of various types. Compared to the previous series, the smart version has an integrated Bluetooth module that connects the Smart BatteryProtect (bp-100) to a smartphone or tablet. This allows you to program all the necessary on/off thresholds or set the appropriate value from 9 predefined thresholds.
The BatteryProtect 12/24v can also be used as a charge interrupter between the battery charger and a lithium battery. A wide operating voltage range of 6-35 v make the device universally applicable. The possibility to connect an external switch or alarm to the BatteryProtect make the bp-100 Smart the perfect battery monitor.
Features of the Smart BatteryProtect 12/24v-100A
- 100A maximum switching capacity
- For 12v and 24v batteries with automatic detection of the voltage range of the battery bank
- Explosion protection through integrated MOSFET switches that replace the relays, reducing the risk of sparking to zero
- integrated Bluetooth module, optionally disengageable
- freely programmable switch-on and switch-off thresholds, easily and wirelessly via the victronConnect app
- alternative programming and status display of settings possible via seven-segment display
- integrated alarm output, 9 predefined thresholds selectable
- external alarm, led or relay can be connected to the alarm output
- via relay the load shedding of the bp can be controlled by external events, which can not be programmed in this way
Output for delayed alarm
The alarm output is activated when the battery voltage drops below the preset value for shutdown for more than 12 seconds. Therefore, turning on the engine will not activate the alarm. The alarm output is a short-circuit protected open collector output connected to the negative (minus) rail. Max. Current 50 mA. The alarm output is normally used to activate an audible signal, led or relay.
solid battery protection for any type of battery
With its multiple configuration options, the Smart bp-100 is the perfect protection device for your battery, ensuring maximum lifetime, because most voltage converters or charge controllers have undervoltage protection, but this only intervenes at already quite low values which are usually in the range of 10.5v / 21v. The higher this cut-off threshold, the longer you will enjoy your batteries, which are usually quite costly.
Selection of the shutdown threshold
Depending on the battery type, there are different minimum battery voltages that must be maintained in order not to damage the battery. For AGM/Gel batteries we recommend to set the Batteryprotect to 11,5v cutoff threshold. For lithium batteries (LifePo4) 12.0v cut-off threshold is recommended. Depending on the purpose of the battery, it may be necessary to change these limits. Manufacturers also give different specifications for their batteries. Therefore, always check with the battery manufacturer which shutdown threshold is the right one for your battery!
Scope of delivery:
1x victron Energy bpR110022000 Smart BatteryProtect 12/24v 100A
1x user manual